[MUD-Dev] Mudding and impact on academic grades

Caliban Tiresias Darklock caliban at darklock.com
Wed Jun 12 20:05:42 CEST 2002

From: "Philip Mak" <pmak at animeglobe.com>

> Anyway, I feel kind of bad, fearing that my MUSH may contribute to
> wrecking someone's academic status.

Not everything is as bad as it seems, you know.

My wife MUSHed her way out of a college scholarship and hence
college. She gained a new appreciation for schooling, went back on
her own dime, and got her degree. 4.0 GPA.

It's also notable that she and I *met* on that MUSH that cost her
the scholarship, and now we're very happy together and approaching
our first wedding anniversary. I think that MUSH was a great
contribution, even if it *did* cost her the scholarship.