[MUD-Dev] The Future of MMOGs... what's next? (fwd)

Talanithus HTML talanithus at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 18 01:14:44 CEST 2002

From: "Matt Mihaly" <the_logos at achaea.com>

> Roleplaying is just one way to make a game more interesting than
> just hack n' slash. I have hopes for Shadowbane's group vs. group
> and dynamic organization building features.

I as well...  the are definitely going out of their way to build
guild interactions to an advanced level not currently seen in the
MMOG industry.  Furthermore, the level of community visibility is an
incredible asset, with the actual game maps giving visible and
interactive connections directly to the groups.  Hopefully, the rest
of the MMOG world will catch onto that trend and adopt it as well.