[MUD-Dev] It's About Time Department (Mule Characters)

shren shren at io.com
Thu Jun 20 16:22:02 CEST 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002 Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com wrote:
> from shren [mailto:shren at io.com]

>>> It seems to me like a good idea ruined by a nonsensical twist to
>>> the implementation.

>> That's Dungeon Siege.  You've summed up the whole game in one
>> sentence.  It's the first game I've played that has made the user
>> interface so friendly that it practically beats the game for you.
>> I put the CD back in it's case when I fell asleep playing it, and
>> haven't gotten it back out since.

> Glad I'm not the only one who found that, as the game received so
> many accolades I was wondering what was wrong with me. As far as I
> can tell, its progressquest (www.progressquest.com) with a nicer
> 3d engine.

You don't get the neat beta releases and developer interviews to
your fan site if you bash the game.  Anything with a big enough
advertising base can get the big hype and all the pretty prizes.
The real test of a game is if people are still playing it in 2
years.

--
The client needs a tool built. He sends you a description of a nail...
</a>