[MUD-Dev] Re: The Future of MMOGs... what\'s next?

Sean Kelly sean at ffwd.cx
Sat Jun 29 09:05:35 CEST 2002

From: "Koster, Raph" <rkoster at soe.sony.com>
> From: Jeff Freeman
>> burra at alum.rpi.edu wrote:

>   I wanted to release a suite of tools for UO.

If I remember, there were 2 fully functional UO server platforms
created by customers who had reverse engineered the protocols.  It's
too bad that EA didn't go for the idea.

>   Then I wanted to make it so ...

And players would have gone crazy for it.

> The execs wouldn't go for it...

I was kind of hoping BioWare would put up an official player vault
to facilitate this...  along with a few web boards specifically for
organizing games, helping server owners interact, etc.  Still, I
think NWN has a fantastic chance of becoming the game UO could have
been.  Better late than never.

Sean