[MUD-Dev] RE: Re: DaoC postmortem at Gamasutra

Buddy Grizzard the_allfather at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 8 18:45:20 CET 2002

Methinks Mr. Lum is being entirely too modest.

Scott Jennings wrote:

> To be honest, LtM while having a following in the MMO industry was
> never terribly widely read outside of it, compared to the
> "mainstream" gaming sites such as Blues, Shacknews, etc.

As an MMORPG fan, I've never logged into either of those sites. On
the other hand, I knew who LtM was. Anyone who creates a rant site
and then has tons of devs posting on their forums and becomes a
minor celebrity tagged with such honoraries as "The Round Mound of
Profound" is obviously doing something right. Dave Rickey says your
site was actually a barrier to your entry to Mythic, but hey... at
least they knew who you were. I think Azeraab stated a perfectly
viable opinion, even if Lum/Mythic happen to disagree. If you want
to know Lum's true impact on ORPG fandom, just look at all the
wannabe Lums who have (unsuccesfully IMO) tried to fill the
"profundity void."