[MUD-Dev] Thank you from MudWorld

ucmm at inetsolve.com ucmm at inetsolve.com
Mon Mar 11 05:53:30 CET 2002

Title of the /archives/meow?group+ IMC and GPL Licensing
Topic of the /archives/meow?group+ 2 - Announcement
News Deadline: March 13th, 2002

The complete (Linux & Windows) MUD downloads with IMC in thier
source code at FTP.GAME.ORG for the World IMC Network have been
removed.

Conversations with Diku administration had me convinced the
downloads available with IMC in the source were legally safe
packaged together provided they could each stand alone. Appearently
that is only as far as the Diku administration was concerned.

No biggy however, I understand the position of the Diku
administration to atleast ensure thier license is followed, I guess
I was overly ready to believe if the Diku administration was happy,
everything was kosher.

Now, what it comes down to is WIN\'s fourteen codebases with IMC,
these have been taken offline. The IMC in the source will be removed
and released seperately. Instead of one download, you will need two.

I have no time frame to have these back online, but I will try to
have them up by March 17th, 2002. If I do or not, I will then update
this post as to any changes at http://www.mudworld.org/.

Sorry for any inconvencience this may have caused and I hope this
will not prevent you from releasing your code with IMC, provided the
IMC source is seperate.

Quick note, IMC2000 has not been released, the original date of
release set long ago has long passed and things have changed to
prevent any recent developement.

Appearently, a few people thought we had already switched to IMC2000
and its license, sorry to inform you that it is not true. Plans fell
through and I did not think anyone was relying on IMC2000 to clear
up any pre-existing legal issues that I surely had no knowledge of
until recently.

Next time you find something you question, be it legal, ethical or
moral, it is deffinately better you contact me then you post it on a
forum. I can not be online everyday or reading every forum to see
news which is relevant to me in some way.

I would think if someone posted about you how you were breaking a
law in some way or form, that you would be upset not to have been
told first so you could take care of it before it is a hassle.

I may like politics, but no one deserves to be publicly reamed
without knowledge of something they knew nothing about. This is why
we normally tell a MUD owner they violate a license and wait to see
how they deal with it before reporting them to Kavir.

Administration of MudWorld
  http://mudworld.inetsolve.com/contact.php3.

Visit MudWorld using the link provided below:
  http://mudworld.inetsolve.com/