[MUD-Dev] Rapture

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Thu Mar 14 06:42:28 CET 2002

If anyone is interested, we've put up comprehensive documentation on
the engine, Rapture, that Achaea and Aetolia use at
www.achaea.com/rapture.html. I recommend the .pdf version, as it's
much nicer to look at.

Rapture's scripting language is the only programming language I
know, so I can't really comment on the language as compared to other
languages, but I understand it sacrifices many modern programming
language features for speed and stability. Regardless, it runs two
of the best-reviewed and most successful MUDs around, which should
tell you text MUD people something about the importance of design
over technology. Technology is not that important. Design and
ongoing service are everything.

I apologize for the mention of licensing on the page. I'm not trying
to sell anyone on this list anything. It's just the page we have up
about Rapture for people generally.

--matt