[MUD-Dev] Blacksnow revisted

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Tue Mar 26 09:13:14 CET 2002

From: Caliban Tiresias Darklock
> From: <fred at clift.org>
>> On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Caliban Tiresias Darklock wrote:

>>> The problem is fundamentally that Mythic have allegedly told
>>> auction sites that they *do* own the game data, ... That's just
>>> a big lie,

>>> So it seems clear that (if the allegations are true) Mythic is
>>> in the wrong on this

>> You seem to be making the assumption, or rather declaring a
>> statement that, blacksnow _does_ own the data.

> No, I'm saying that Blacksnow is selling a service they perform
> and not the data itself. Who owns data that nobody is selling
> tends to be rather an academic question.

In the Anarchy Online case, the items they were selling were
apparently all duped/farmed using exploits which is how the BSI
characters were identified.  Does it really matter if BSI is allowed
to sell things online - the issue in this case is if games are
allowed to ban players when it can be demonstrated such action will
cause financial loss.

Dan