[MUD-Dev] Blacksnow revisted

Paul Schwanz paul.schwanz at east.sun.com
Tue May 7 10:21:32 CEST 2002

From: shren <shren at io.com>
> On Fri, 3 May 2002, Matt Mihaly wrote:

>> But you're wrong insofar as it does contribute to the welfare of
>> the society. It makes the individuals in the society happier, as
>> both sides of the transaction are getting what they want. It
>> helps keep some members that would otherwise leave or not bother
>> beginning.

> If I have a million dollar house next to two other million dollar
> houses, and I sell my house to some guy on the street for 10 bucks
> and a cup of coffee, then the odds are that my old neighbors are
> not going to be happy with thier new neighbor.  It might be
> possible that the new resident will respect the house in
> proportion to the value inherant in it.  It's just as likely that
> the new resident will have wild parties at all hours and push
> walls over just to hear the crashing sound they make.

Right.  So the guy who gets his account for only $10 a month isn't
going to show nearly the same amount of respect as the one who pays
$1000 for his account.

I don't think that's what you were saying, but it is the conclusion
I draw from your comment.  Or perhaps more precisely, your comment
simply indicates that accounts should be sold on eBay according to
their value.  Or perhaps, community is served better by selling
items on eBay than by giving them away to a friend.

--Phinehas