[MUD-Dev] Player Accounts on a Non-Commercial MUD

Damion Schubert damion at ninjaneering.com
Fri May 10 13:11:25 CEST 2002

>From Brian 'Psychochild' Green
> Damion Schubert wrote:

> I'll throw a word of agreement in here with Damion.  I'll even use
> a specific example from a game he worked on. :)

[ Example Deleted ]

The only part you forgot was this: after power-gaming our elder game
to the point that everyone agreed by consensus not to do anything to
upset the balance of power, the players got really ticked off at us
for not having anythign for elder players to do.

> I think it is giving players intersting choices that helps keep
> content from merely getting powergamed.

Or conversely: if players are intent on powergaming your system,
then by all means, make powergaming interesting.

--d