[MUD-Dev] Blacksnow revisted

Damion Schubert damion at ninjaneering.com
Fri May 10 13:31:35 CEST 2002

>From shren:

> I offer this instance for your consideration.  Say I own a
> computer game store.  I keep casual track of the MMORPG purchases
> of my players.  Whenever a player who has bought an MMORPG before
> comes in to buy a new one, I offer to give that player the new
> MMORPG for half price if he'll trade in the account information on
> the old MMORPG.

Seems to me like you're changing the hypothetical quite a bit from
the average joe selling his character on eBay.  (Also seems to me
that it might be more cost effective just to buy new copies of the
game, as if the game you're getting accounts on are probably at
cheap pricepoints and may even give the client away for free =).

> So, ya, I'm out a little on sales, but now I have accounts.
> Dozens of them.  I can become the worst troublemaker on the
> planet.  I can use the TOS's "don't do this" as a checklist of
> things to try.

Do you have dozens of credit cards as well?

--d