[MUD-Dev] People were talking about resets..

Leland Hulbert II lhulbert at hotmail.com
Thu May 16 17:57:09 CEST 2002

Tand'a-ur <tandaur at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Basically the whole point of this rambling email is you can create
> something that is not very complex using existing variables which
> will appear pretty much the same to the players as something which
> is very complex and took up 10x more of your time.

Pretty much the same," is the problem.  I want to create a world
that looks real, even when sombody tries to look closely.  I have
the feeling that once someone notices, word will get around.  And
once word gets around, everyone is going to want it, even if they
would have never noticed by themselves.  I probably won't be the
first to market, but I'll be cheering for whoever is.

> I know my system isnt perfect but hopefully it can get some people
> thinking about what they want to do or get new ideas.

And on the other hand, your way might be the only way to do it, now.
Simulations are very processor intensive, and maybe we don't have
cheap enough CPU cycles yet.  I hope I live to see the day when the
people who try to be close enough look at what they've made and say,
"We might as well just simulate it... we've got the power to do it,
and the research to do it right.

Again, when that day comes, I'll be cheering you on.

Lee