[MUD-Dev] Conversation logs?

Vincent Archer archer at frmug.org
Thu May 23 09:30:50 CEST 2002

According to Rudy Fink:

> Many everquest players keep extensive logs.  I know several
> individuals who have complete logs going back for several years.

Ever since the turning off and on of the log became an automated and
persistent feature, logs have had a tendency to stay on for long
time.  In fact, a non-negligible amount of people in my guild
complaining about "worsening lag" in the game have found out to
their dismay that Windows is not efficient appending text to a 1+
gigabyte file.

I'll ask. I know I don't keep logs; most of it is centered about my
role as pointmeister (i.e. accountant for the brownie points people
earn and spend during guild raids).

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)