[MUD-Dev] [TECH] Voice in MO* - Phoneme Decomposition and Rec onstruction

Robert Zubek rob at cs.northwestern.edu
Wed May 29 11:55:31 CEST 2002

From: Eli Stevens [mailto:listsub at wickedgrey.com]

> What I would like to know is if there is a good way (i.e. not
> brute force) to figure out when a wave has finished and is now
> repeating.

Look into spectral analysis techniques, such as the Fourier
Transform. It will be able to compute a frequency distribution for
any signal sample, which you can then analyze.

Also, a good overview of current research in speech understanding
is:

  "Survey of the State of the Art in Human Language Technologies"
  http://cslu.cse.ogi.edu/HLTsurvey/

Hope this helps,

Rob

--