What is the world? (was: Re: [MUD-Dev] Weaknesses in the HCDS player type model)

Sat Oct 26 14:37:19 CEST 2002

"Zach Collins (Siege)" <zcollins at seidata.com> writes:
> On 22 Oct 2002, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:

>> Another aspect is that the users of this world has to follow the
>> rules or else they will be thrown out. Whether the rules are
>> enforced by a computer program or a human moderator shouldn't
>> really matter? Or should it?

> It does matter.  There should be a moderator, indoctrinated in the
> context of the world, but there should also be computer code or
> data that supports this moderation, and guides it in the context
> of the world.  You need balance between them.

Well, I want to know what a World IS or COULD be, not what it SHOULD
be in a particular instance. I want to know what the CONCEPT World
signifies. What is it referring to? What does it consist of? (all in
relation to the player and how he approch the World)

--
Ola - http://folk.uio.no/olag/