[MUD-Dev] November Issue of the MUD Journal

Sanvean sanvean at ginka.armageddon.org
Thu Oct 31 17:40:56 CET 2002

I recently took over editorship of the MUD Journal:

  http://www.themudjournal.com

The November issue goes up as of 11/1/2002. Articles include:

  - an article by Alaire of Southlands about building a MUD
  community

  - an overview of existing Harry Potter MU*s, which was just plain
  too much fun to put together.

  - a piece by Paul Boyle extending Richard Bartle's classifications
  of types of MUD players to describe MMORPGs. This originally
  appeared as a post here on MUD-dev, and he was kind enough to let
  me use it in the magazine

  - an interview by Ntanel Stormblade, talking to Hans-Henrik
  Staerfeldt and Kavir about the intricacies of Diku licensing

  - a checklist from the Shade of Nessalin detailing what a staff
  member on a roleplay MUD should consider when starting a clan

  - an article by Wes Platt about in-game romances and TinySex

I'm looking forward to future issues, because I'd like to steer the
magazines into becoming something interesting and lively. If you've
got any interest at all in contributing, please email me, and I will
lavish you with encouragement and adulation.

Feedback welcome.

Thanks,
Sanvean