[MUD-Dev] The importance of graphics

Marc Bowden ryumo at merit.edu
Fri Sep 13 13:17:40 CEST 2002

--On Thursday, September 12, 2002 6:57 PM +0000 Matt Mihaly
<the_logos at achaea.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Sep 2002 jolon at kungfudesign.com wrote:
>> "Zach Collins (Siege)" <zcollins at seidata.com> wrote:

>>>   How important is it to have graphics?

>> IMhO: very. especially if it's text based, I think in the sea
>> that text can become, it's critical to punctuate it properly.

> Graphics are unimportant in text. We have none, and are quite
> successful for our scale. (Well, that's not entirely true. We do
> have an ascii graphic of a big smiley face that pops up in various
> colors occasionally after you smoke cactus weed. It's of miniscule
> importance to the game world though.)

I believe the broader point is that some graphics are necessary to
attract the larger market of guests who don't have the imagination
to get by on the text, or who hate to "read too much".

--
Marc Bowden - Soulsinger         Dreamshadow:The Legacy of the Three
  ryumo at merit.edu                                   209.48.36.2 3333