[MUD-Dev] Flexible Perl MUD-like Server Project

Luke Parrish luke at rocketship.com
Mon Sep 16 17:21:58 CEST 2002

I've just started a sourceforge project to try and make a more
flexible, idealistic MUD-like server. The idea is to let you use
features from existing MUD servers, but make them all optional. So,
say, you could use the Diku combat system and a more LP-like quest
system, with a MUSH-like building interface if you liked.

Is "wizard" a profession, or is it an administrator? Can you just
type the first letter of a word to use a command, or do you have to
use the whole word except for special aliases? I figure these issues
really ought to be decided by the user, not the server designer. But
the server should be set to smoothly integrate whatever option is
chosen.

Come over and post on the Sourceforge Open Discussion forum for the
project if you have any ideas/criticisms. I haven't written one line
of code for this yet, so get your opinions in while you can.

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/perlworld/

Luke Parrish