[MUD-Dev] A Founding Father Forgotten

Paul Schwanz pschwanz at comcast.net
Sat Apr 5 21:42:18 CEST 2003

Michael Tresca wrote:

> It's a simple matter of doing your research.  To ignore Dungeons &
> Dragons when creating a fantasy MMORPG that closely mimics levels,
> hit points, armor class, etc. is sheer arrogance or ignorance,
> depending on your excuse.

OK, but why create a fantasy MMORPG that closely mimics levels, hit
points, armor class, etc. in the first place?  I'd sooner closely
mimic what I imagine to be real regarding advancing or gaining
power, recieving wounds, and wearing protective armor in a virtual
fantasy world.  In my opinion, D&D doesn't do such a good job in
this regard, so why would I want to mimic it?

--Phin