[MUD-Dev] The lack of Creativity and Beauty a game user

james_nesfield at nesfieldcapital.com james_nesfield at nesfieldcapital.com
Thu Aug 14 09:00:45 CEST 2003

The lack of Creativity and Beauty from a game user prespective.  I
have recently been interested in games especially the MMOG area
because of its need for a micropayment system that satisfies a
non-credit card regime model.  Previously I was working on a trading
system using the same platform.  I have queried friends that play
and noticed that the experience of playing a game was one where the
enviroment was colorful and pretty to the eye or at least
attractive.  I've worked with financial applications since 1978 and
feel that the beauty game programmers bring to the table and the
functionality exceed the capabilities of the average programming
output.  My question is this how can one replicate the dynamics of
output in the financial services arena?  The complexity of
information and its application requires some type of 4th dimension
to illuminate data some type of feeling.  It there a way to get game
programmers to look at financial applications or to frame the
financial services industry in terms of a game?  The application
I've been working with was designed by a group of poor financial
cryptographers over a period of many years and has yet to find a
monetary champion.  My sense tells me the MMOG area is a good place
to look but can a payment system or for that matter a trading system
be made interesting like a game?  I think the enviroment where most
of the applications are developed are to dry and without innovation
ie boring.  Of course simply paying game programmers is the answer
but I'm not sure that is the whole answer since many programmers
simply do what they do because the love it.