[MUD-Dev] MDC 2004 - Call for Speakers

mdc-proposals at kanga.nu mdc-proposals at kanga.nu
Sun Dec 7 21:59:40 CET 2003

The speaking submission deadline for the MUD Developers Conference 2004
(MDC) is Tuesday, December 16, 2003. This is your opportunity to share
your expertise with professional and enthusiast online world
developers. If you are interested in presenting at this event, please
contact us.

The MDC focuses on online world development, including both commercial
and nonprofit Multi-User Dimensions (MUDs), Massive Multiplayer Online
Games (MMOGs), and various other acronyms. This conference provides a
close relationship between presenters and audience for discussing
development. It also provides an opportunity to meet members of the
MUD-Dev community (http://www.kanga.nu/lists/listinfo/mud-dev).

We are open to your submission topic within the development disciplines
of art, business, design, operation, production, or programming of an
online world. We welcome a variety of formats, including panels and
roundtables. Please include in your submission the following sections:

    * Title: What you would like the presentation to be called.
    * Biography: 50-150 word biography of each speaker.
    * Format: Lecture, panel, roundtable, demonstration.
    * Time: Approximate duration of the presentation.
    * Email: E-mail address at which we may contact you.
    * Links: If you have any supporting media larger than 500 KB, please
      include a URL link to this media and do not include the files in
      the proposal e-mail.

We suggest submitting a proposal focused on the conference audience:
online world developers. Consider how important the topic is to online
worlds. Clearly state your points, use conventional writing standards,
and write in third person. We will be selecting proposals based on the
relevance and interest of the content, level of preparation and
coherence of the proposal, and the speaker's expertise on the subject.

If selected we will contact you by Friday, January 30, 2004. Speaking
provides free premium pass, extensive exposure, recognition, and the
opportunity to impact the community. Speaking is a commitment. We expect
speakers to contribute presentation media and to come well prepared.
Calendar

    * Tuesday, December 16, 2004 - Deadline for submission.
    * Friday, January 30, 2004 - Confirmation of speaking.
    * Wednesday, March 3, 2004 - Deadline for presentation media.
    * Saturday & Sunday, March 27-28, 2004 - MUD Developers
      Conference. San Jose, California

Submission Contact

Having read the above, please submit your proposal to mdc-proposals at kanga.nu

MUD Developers Conference Staff