Vincent Archer archer at frmug.org
Thu Jan 9 11:40:53 CET 2003

According to Paul Schwanz:

> The guild I was involved with on DAoC operated on three different
> servers because some liked elves and others hated them, some
> wanted to play paladins, or some liked to play with pets and
> preferred how it was implemented with spiritmasters.

I have (of course) had the exact reverse experience.

The group of friends I was primarily playing with found themselves
split among evenly between the three realms as their character of
choice.

We wisely selected the three servers, once for each realm, so we
could get together. Very quickly however, we drifted away. Some
would get to level 25 on one server, and be 10-15 on the other,
others would level to about the same. As a result, we quickly
stopped playing together (and DAoC is very unfriendly when it comes
to multi-level grouping: if you aren't real close to each other's
levels, forget grouping).

To date, only 2 of the 15 people I started with still play DAoC, and
that's chiefly because they found by accident another guild that was
quite friendly and joined them when we stopped playing.

But this is more an argument about enforced separation of characters
rather than single or multiple characters.

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)