Brand Loyalty (was Re: [MUD-Dev] Requirements for MM(wasComplexities of MMOG Servers))

Matt Mihaly the_logos at achaea.com
Thu Jan 16 19:28:42 CET 2003

On Wed, 15 Jan 2003, Damion Schubert wrote:

> One of the often-quoted maxims around the offices of pay-for MMP
> services is to never let non-paying customers mix freely with
> paying customers.  The concept of character valuation is the
> primary reason.

Gah! Really? I feel exactly the opposite, though that's likely a
result of our business model. We are all about letting people who
haven't yet become customers play as long as they want. The more
customers they interact with, the more likely they are to become
hooked on the world, and the more likely they are to become
customers later.

--matt