Brand Loyalty (was Re: [MUD-Dev] Requirements for MM(wasComplexities of MMOG Servers))

Damion Schubert damion at zenofdesign.com
Sun Jan 19 23:05:44 CET 2003

From: Rayzam

> Though it seems to say that one out of many possible solutions to
> it is to remove powergaming. Then everyone can advance at the same
> rate regardless of how well you optimize. That completely negates
> player skill.

Really?  If you guaruntee that everyone at the table has the same
Magic deck, I'd argue that you've boosted the importance of knowing
how to use those cards even more.  So I guess I'd say the opposite-
equal characters makes player skill more important.  You just need
an axis to compete on which isn't character growth (PvP, Realm
battles, whatever).

--d