[MUD-Dev] Questions for User Surveys

Quinn Quinn
Wed Jan 22 09:55:27 CET 2003

From: Marc Fielding [mailto:fielding at computer.org]
> Nick Yee wrote:

> Here's a question I'd like to see answered:

> In games that allow multiple characters per server, what do you
> use the extra character slots for? (Select all that apply.)

>   A) Experimenting with different race/class combinations.

>   B) Exploring distant parts of the world.

>   C) Creating characters with classes/skills that can aid my main
>   character.

>   D) Storing items for other characters.

>   E) Nothing. I do not use the extra slots.

I like your question a lot. Some additions occurred to me that I
would like to suggest, which I included in a revised version of the
entire question and answer set:

In games that allow multiple characters per server, what do you use
the extra character slots for? (Select all that apply.)

  A) Experimenting with different race/class combinations.

  B) Experimenting with different races.

  C) Experimenting with different classes/skills.

  D) Exploring distant parts of the world.

  E) Creating characters with classes/skills that can aid my main
  character.

  F) Storing items for other characters.

  G) For sharing with family member(s) and/or friend(s).

  H) For multiple role-playing opportunities.

  I) To have pre-created character(s) available for special
  event(s).

  J) To have an "anonymous" playable character which no one
  associates with my main character.

  K) To collect special gifts or promotions which are available on a
  per-character basis.

  L) Nothing. I do not use the extra slots.

Keith

=========
Sannio
Online Content Coordinator