Brand Loyalty (was Re: [MUD-Dev] Requirements for MM(wasCompl exities of MMOG Servers))

lynx at lynx.purrsia.com lynx at lynx.purrsia.com
Wed Jan 22 21:06:09 CET 2003

On Sat, 18 Jan 2003, Sasha Hart wrote:

> I would LOVE to see a treatment, any treatment, even an opinion
> survey, of burnout as a function of playstyle. If powergamers
> selectively burn out, and the people who mostly chat or roleplay
> or craft or wander around don't, that would be a pretty good
> suggestion about what's working better than what.

Exit poll, maybe?  Take some popular game, determine which accounts
were cancelled in the last month or two, contact 'em, and give them
a little survey asking them why they cancelled, if they switched to
other games, what about these games interested them, etc.  Also
determine in the survey what the typical play habits of these people
were.

I'd be surprised if some MMOG publishers out there hadn't already
conducted exit polls with an eye toward increasing retention.

-- Conrad