[MUD-Dev] Questions for User Surveys

shren shren at io.com
Fri Jan 24 15:39:35 CET 2003

On Wed, 22 Jan 2003 bhoyt47 at hotmail.com wrote:

> Actually, none of the above.  But my reason is, I think, one of
> the MAJOR reasons that MCS is important and i'm surprised no one
> has mentioned it. Basically, I have two old college buddies that I
> play DAoC with.  We can't always find times where all 3 of us can
> play together.  By having 3 different characters each, we can
> ensure that whenever any of us want to play that we will have
> characters of comparable level that can adventure together.
> Basically, I have 1 character that I play when all 3 of us are on,
> 1 that I play when it's just me and friend A, and one that i play
> when it's just me and friend B.

> I suppose we could replicate this system simply by having the
> characters on different servers, but we like our guild and the
> other friends that we have on the single sever on which all of our
> characters reside.  I think it would suck a lot if DAoC didn't
> support MCS.

Is there any reason other than realism why we don't just let people
wind back thier character levels?  If I have a 50th level character
and I have a friend who is 15th level, why not just let me roll my
character back to 15th level for a short period of time?  Being 50th
level should have few drawbacks, and right now the drawback "I can
only play in the highest levels of content and not be bored" is a
drawback.