[MUD-Dev] ANSI/VT100/VT102 Emulation

Kwon Ekstrom justice at softhome.net
Sun Jan 26 11:15:37 CET 2003

From: "Bernard Graham" <bernard at crimzone.co.za>

> Could anyone perhaps tell me where I may find information on
> ANSI,VT100,VT102 and any related emulations.  I am specifically
> looking for the character codes needed to send colours to the
> different emulators.  I have most of the ANSI codes, but I seem to
> get stuck whenever I use a client like ZMUD, which seems to either
> ignore certain codes, or I am missing something.

Try looking at:

  http://www.bluesock.org/~willg/dev/ansi.html

and

  http://vt100.net/

If you use an escape sequence and a given client seems to ignore it,
then I'd check the sequence and if it's right assume the client is
ignoring it.

It's doubtful that most mud clients support full ANSI let alone
VT100/102 emulation.

If you've found a feature that seems to work in a mud-base for the
client but not with your code, you can setup a simple raw socket and
log all the data to capture the sequence that's being used.

-- Kwon J. Ekstrom