Brand Loyalty (was Re: [MUD-Dev] Requirements for MM(wasCompl exities of MMOG Servers))

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Mon Jan 27 12:41:19 CET 2003

From: Caliban Tiresias Darklock [mailto:caliban at darklock.com]

> I'd have to agree here. One of the major things I'm concerned with
> is the ability of a player to take skill learned playing one
> character, and apply it immediately to another character -- not by
> handing the character free stuff, but by making the *knowledge* of
> how to play more important than the actual time spent
> playing. Very few games currently do this.

Actually I don't agree. If you want to level fast in the current
crop of games, the key information is knowing the best place to do
it. That's something I really dislike when I start a new game, I
could literally wander for days looking for a good place to level,
its also why I can log into everquest and get a new character up to
a decent level orders of magnitude faster than a true newbie.

Dan