[MUD-Dev] Scripting languages

Mike Shaver shaver at off.net
Sat Jun 21 02:28:46 CEST 2003

On Jun 20, John Buehler wrote:

> If I understand your question correctly, you might want to take a
> gander at Microsoft's scripting architecture.  It provides for an
> arbitrary object model to be exposed to the scripting language.

Mozilla's XPCOM and "scriptable" stuff provides a similar set of
features, and has working JavaScript and Python bindings (there
exist some for Ruby, too, but I don't know what state they're in).
It works on a lot of platforms -- almost certainly whatever
platforms you'll care about.

  http://www.mozilla.org/scriptable/

has some more information on this stuff.

Mike