[MUD-Dev] Fighting Lag

Bruce Mitchener bruce at cubik.org
Fri Mar 21 01:49:14 CET 2003

Mike Shaver wrote:

> RakNet[**] also provides reliable datagram support, in addition to
> distinct sequence streams, etc.  Pretty complete feature set,
> judging from the page that's carefully constructed to demonstrate
> that. =)

Enet also provides a pretty good set of networking features and is
under a nicely liberal license (MIT/X11).  It has recently received
some new documentation and so on, and can be found at:

     http://enet.cubik.org/

ENet's been used in the Cube engine and I know that some other list
members have looked at it and are considering using it.

Cheers,

  - Bruce

(PS. I just provide hosting for ENet .. I don't currently work on
it.)