[MUD-Dev] BIZ: MMP subscriber numbers

Diamonds diamonds at unknownplayer.com
Fri Mar 28 21:00:38 CET 2003

From: "Daniel James" <d at djames.org>

> As spotted on waterthread, SirBruce has updated his MMP subscriber
> graph:

> Makes for interesting reading. I am not at all convinced by the
> Sims Online estimates, but time will tell.

> Also, congratulations to Mythic on their $32m VC investment:

>   http://www.mythicentertainment.com/press/ta_mythic1.html

Yeah i saw those 2 new things. posted them and all.  Now that
Shadowbane is golden, I wonder what there numbers will look like?
I'd imagine that the numbers will be something like what other game
stratigies have been with "stealing" customers from other MMOG's. So
as shadowbane (and others to come, SWG & WoW, maybe Eve) goes in
numbers, it will be interesting to see if any 'giants' loose
numbers. From the general population of what I see in Shadowbane
now, a number of people have told stories about how they 'quit' EQ
or plan to move guilds.

     Chris "Diamonds" Stewart
     http://www.unknownplayer.com
     Editor in Something...