[MUD-Dev] D&D and MMORPGs

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Fri May 23 17:35:50 CEST 2003

Peter Tyson posted on Friday, May 23, 2003 3:13 AM
> Michael Tresca wrote:

>> I guess that means that BioWare's license has run out?  Frankly,
>> this is too bad.

> More likely Bioware didn't secure the rights to do a D&D MMORPG
> and they have been sold on.

That statement is incorrectly attributed to me.  I didn't say that.

BioWare's license, far as I know, had nothing to do with a MMORPG.
Apparently, some people feel NWN is a MMORPG (it isn't in the
traditional sense).

Should BioWare have owned it?  Maybe it was an evolutionary step for
them -- but I imagine the design team going into a MMORPG probably
would have required a different team to work on it.  Or at least, a
much larger team.

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator
http://michael.tresca.net