[MUD-Dev] MMORPG: where to start for making and running a gam e

Michael Sellers mike at onlinealchemy.com
Thu Nov 13 07:17:59 CET 2003

On Nov 12, 2003, at 3:35 AM, Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com wrote:
> From: Dave Rickey [mailto:dave at mutablerealms.com]

>> I dream of floundering like SWG.  300K and counting, last I
>> heard. Please, God, visit such misfortune upon me.

> Has anyone got figures to contrast that with the other reasonably
> high profile games?

Probably the best collection of information is on Bruce Woodcock's
page:

Note that on this page (which is a few months out of date) the SWG
figures are registrations, not subscriptions.  Still there are some
extremely interesting and not necessarily immediately apparent
trends represented there.

Mike Sellers
Online Alchemy