[MUD-Dev] SSH Encryption on data stream

Craig H Fry craigfry at iname.com
Fri Oct 10 14:15:57 CEST 2003

So many games are plagued by packet sniffers I often wondered why
more companies didn't do a per-session SSH encryption on the data
stream.  Has anyone tried or is it just assumed the over head for
packet encryption/decryption would cause a bottleneck?  I'm
seriously considering using SSH for data encryption for my data
streams and was curious if it is worth looking into.

Craig H Fry