[MUD-Dev] BIZ: Who owns my sword?

Baar - Lord of the Seven Suns baar at imperian.com
Thu Sep 4 18:57:15 CEST 2003

Well, I have been a player character on a game for a while with the
following as part of the Terms of Service:

 4. License. Subject to all of the Terms, the Company hereby grants
 you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access
 the Services and to use the Services solely for your personal
 entertainment purposes. You may not use the Services to generate
 revenue for yourself or any third party, in any way, without prior
 written permission from the Company.

So it seems to me that selling your in-game items in this game and
obtaining for it dollar would be considered a violation. Am I
misinterpreting or not interpreting in a narrow/broad enough way?

David Lee Heyman