[MUD-Dev] ghost mode (was Re: SW:G)

Vladimir Cole vladimir_cole at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 10 10:05:06 CEST 2003

--- Amanda Walker <amanda at alfar.com> wrote:

> With a quick trip to google, anyone can see (and get precise
> recipes for how to do) any content (that's been discovered) in any
> game, generally an hour or so after it's released to the public.

This is not true as far as Everquest goes. In an expansion released
a year ago (PoP) there are still no publicly-available spoilers for
content near the end of the expansion. Many spoilers for mid-level
expansion content weren't realeased until the six-month mark.

I can say without a doubt that if I were able to ghost in Everquest
I would have been able to save the guild I lead over four months of
hard (but fun) work.