[MUD-Dev] Player malleable worlds (was Expected value and sta ndard deviation)

Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com
Wed Sep 10 15:52:35 CEST 2003

From: Crosbie Fitch [mailto:crosbie at cyberspaceengineers.org]

> Sometimes it may be enough to dig a hole in the ground fill it
> with sand, and let the kids create the cities with their buckets
> and spades. A dog poo and sweet wrapper elimination service will
> cost extra - naturally. You don't always have to spend years
> creating content, if the players are easily able to do that
> themselves.

Oh come off it, the average player is utterly incapable of creating
content anyone but their mum would be interested in. Even
professionals frequently get it wrong.

Enough hand waving, someone show me some compelling auto generated
content, or compelling player generated content in a commercially
viable game.

Dan