[MUD-Dev] [Tech] Functional languages

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Sep 11 00:23:30 CEST 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003 16:21:06 -0500
Kim  <bookwyrm at solluna.org> wrote:
> On 2003-09-09 10:26:16 +0100 (Tue), ceo (ceo at grexengine.com) wrote:

>> OTOH, I too would be surprised if no-one, ever, has done a MUD in an
>> fn-language. I'm pretty sure I'd heard of at least one, somewhere...

> Perhaps you are thinking of Interlude, which was an attempt at a MU*
> written in a Lisp derivative.

Interlude was written in C++ with by David Engberg and has a
Scheme-inspired embedded softcode language.  You can find a copy at:

  ftp://ftp.kanga.nu/pub/MUD/Servers/Interlude/interlude_1beta5.tar.gz

Coda, the bastardised Scheme-like language, is rather far from a
functional language implementation.

--
J C Lawrence