[MUD-Dev] ghost mode

Vincent Archer archer at frmug.org
Thu Sep 11 11:32:06 CEST 2003

According to Amanda Walker:

> Actually, I'd probably still be playing EQ or DAoC if there were a
> way to climb up the achievement hill to catch up with my friends.
> That "axis of achievement" is the main reason I didn't keep
> playing.

Seconded.

My friends are trying at the moment to subvert my will and persuade
me to return to the game. However, I no longer have an account (when
I close them, I usually give them away), so I would have to start
from zero. Plus pay about $80 to get the game and all its expansions
enabled.

While paying isn't that big an issue, facing the levelling track to
get to the level 55 of my friends is. I'm not ready to face 6 months
of playing, just to get to their level. Far better from my PoV to
find another game, and entice them to come, and we all start from
scratch.

Which is harder, as we've done almost all PvE MMOGs on the
market. Except maybe Rubies of Eventide, and no one's very excited
about it.

So, I play A Tale in the Desert, they play EQ and DAoC, and we're
all waiting for EQ2 or WoW, whichever comes sooner.

	Vincent Archer			Email:	archer at frmug.org

All men are mortal.  Socrates was mortal.  Therefore, all men are Socrates.
							(Woody Allen)