[MUD-Dev] Re: ghost mode (was Re: SW:G)

Lars Duening lars at bearnip.com
Thu Sep 11 19:02:17 CEST 2003

On Thursday, September 11, 2003, at 04:16 AM,
Daniel.Harman at barclayscapital.com wrote:
> From: Lars Duening [mailto:lars at bearnip.com]
>> On Wednesday, September 10, 2003, at 11:05 AM, Vladimir Cole wrote:

>>> I can say without a doubt that if I were able to ghost in
>>> Everquest I would have been able to save the guild I lead over
>>> four months of hard (but fun) work.

>> Uhm, if for you those four months were fun, why would you want to
>> spoil them for yourself? Just because a game designer puts in a
>> ghost mode, that doesn't mean that you have to use it.

> Because, high level EQ is a race. Even if you didn't want to tune
> up your engine, you probably will if not doing so will lose you
> places.

Hmm. This tells me a) that tacking a ghost mode (ghost race, ghost
guild) onto _existing_ games with their established playstyles most
likely won't work, and b) that playing EQ is no fun.

In a real race I get at least a T-Shirt to take back home.

Lars Duening; lars at bearnip.com
GPG Key: http://www.bearnip.com/lars/lars-duening.gpgkey