[MUD-Dev] size

Michael Tresca talien at toast.net
Fri Sep 26 18:27:12 CEST 2003

From: Matt Mihaly [mailto:the_logos at ironrealms.com]

> Oh, I totally understand that many people can't get into text muds
> though it really is your loss if you're into gameplay over
> eyecandy. The graphical MMOs are only JUST starting to do anything
> I'd consider interesting gameplay wise (A Tale in the Desert, and
> some of the crafting in SW:G for instance).

On a related note, I find it strange that MUD-developers aren't
actively recruited to create MMORPGs.  Sure, MUD-developer
experience doesn't necessarily carry over one-for-one.  But it's
certainly a great first step -- at least as useful as pen-and-paper
RPG design.

Why is that?

Mike "Talien" Tresca
RetroMUD Administrator