[MUD-Dev] Player Justice

Travis Nixon tnixon at avalanchesoftware.com
Mon Apr 5 11:58:49 CEST 2004

From: "Jeff Fuller" <jeff at originmail.com>

> Another idea for punishment might be to set an experience penalty
> for those players. That way they can still play the game but they
> suffer a 5% xp loss or something of that nature. Maybe increase
> their failure rate on tradeskill combines, stuff like that.

My own personal pet idea is to have a separate shard to "banish"
them too.  A badlands version of the world where life is much faster
and harder, with tougher mobs, fewer safe areas, full-on
non-consentual pvp, maybe even perma-death in some form.  All
characters on the account get banished at the same time, and, of
course, there are ways for non-banished players to get single
characters banished without forcing all their characters to go to
the badlands.

Of course, doing something like this might cause exactly the same
problems as just outright banning them.  They just acquire a new
account and go back to the normal servers.