[MUD-Dev] DESIGN: Active and Inactive currency

brian at thyer.net brian at thyer.net
Tue Apr 27 10:35:19 CEST 2004

"Freeman, Jeff" <jfreeman at soe.sony.com> wrote ..
> From: Kirinyaga

> Possibly even without that dynamic.  In this model I think it very
> likely the players would start using cookies as currency.

I would agree here.  All things constant, certain players are going
to become "wealthier".  In the fixed cash wealth model, you're
forcing some players to become poor.  That would quickly switch to a
cookie-centric (I like saying that) economy where cookies would
become the new currency.  An economy needs a currency that can
breath and fluctuate in value and quantity.