[MUD-Dev] Playing catch-up with levels

Threshold RPG business at threshold-rpg.com
Wed Apr 28 04:25:10 CEST 2004

On 23 Apr 2004, at 12:44, Matt Mihaly wrote:

> I think what most thieves want is the ability to grief others
> without a large risk to themselves.

I will definitely agree with that.

It always seems like every game world needs a "thief" type persona,
thus the temptation to create one is enormous. I have highly
considered never making another thief-type class again, and just
creating things anyone can do that simulate thievery (mugging,
sneaking around, etc.). At least then nobody can say "but I'm a
thief... I should be able to <insert absurd griefing ability here.>"