[MUD-Dev] Media: Women over 40 biggest online gamers

Luca Girardo girardo at computer.org
Sun Feb 15 19:23:48 CET 2004

>From "Tom Hunter" :

> It is interesting but getting these people to move from games to
> VWs is likely to be very difficult I would not change my designs
> to appeal to women over 40 on the basis of this news release.

I have some doubts about the methodology of the survey, but it
introduces an interesting topic: what is the best approach in term
of content to attract a broader audience. So moving from hardcore
gamers, a limited user group, to large user groups including casual
gamers. Studies and surveys about interest of the different online
games players could be a good tool to define a clear taxonomy of
online players, their interests, their preferences and some
guidelines about how to offer a successful content for the different
groups. Does anyone know any public survey-study going in this
direction?

Luca Girardo