[MUD-Dev] Python script as stand alone MUD server...

Zach Collins {Siege} zcollins at seidata.com
Wed Jan 28 01:56:52 CET 2004

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Jason Slaughter wrote:

> Am I misunderstanding something, or am I correct in that (from
> your experience) Python is ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE slower than
> compiled code?  YIKES, that doesn't sound good at all!!!

Python at the time probably was.  Current versions of C Python tend
to clock in at between two and twenty times slower than C for most
operations, depending on how well your code is optimised.  I haven't
personally been paying attention to Stackless, so I couldn't say how
fast it is.

--
Zach Collins