[MUD-Dev] Interpersonal Relations in Virtual Worlds

Paul Schwanz pschwanz at comcast.net
Wed Jan 28 16:28:52 CET 2004

Brad King wrote:

> I've put together a very brief list of readings, but I was hoping
> that some of you might have recommendations for case studies,
> books, and other interesting tidbits that would fit into the
> course.

Although it has much more than what you appear to require, Richard
Bartle's new book covers both the history of virtual worlds and the
interpersonal relationships of players.  It does so from the
perspective of a designer, but I personally think that this can give
insights often overlooked from other perspectives.

  Designing Virtual Worlds
  Richard Bartle
  ISBN: 0131018167

BTW Richard, thanks for the autograph.  My wife says that you were
very kind and even paid for the shipping yourself.  It made a
wonderful Christmas gift.