[MUD-Dev] MUD client popularity

Byron Ellacott bje at apnic.net
Fri Jan 30 10:41:49 CET 2004

On Fri, 2004-01-30 at 05:06, Travis Casey wrote:

> I did sometimes wonder why no one had ever created a mud server
> that used curses or something like that... I thought about it, but
> didn't know enough about curses to easily hack it to support
> multiple terminals instead of just one.

(n)curses has a "newterm" call to support multiple terminals, in the
initscr manpage, if you're interested in following it up.

Further, libreadline allows you to set an input and an output
stream, so you can at the very least at libreadline support, though
I don't know how well libreadline would handle switching context in
a single threaded app. :)

--
bje