[MUD-Dev] MMORPG Cancellations: The sky is falling?

Amanda Walker amanda at alfar.com
Thu Jul 8 09:00:22 CEST 2004

On Jul 7, 2004, at 1:04 PM, Matt Mihaly wrote:

> Well, if 10,000 subscribers (Forbes article in June said that's
> how many subscribers they have) is mass market, then what about
> Puzzle Pirates or Neopets? Neopets is WAY more mass market than
> Second Life. Heck, what about TSO? They still have over 10k
> subscribers don't they?

Neopets is very interesting.  I can't stand it for more than a few
minutes at a time (and I even like cute cartoon creatures).  I tend
not to think of it as an MMO game, but as a web game.  It's also
free.  I am not very willing to put it into the same category as
pay-for-play MMOs.  That said, anyone working on web multiplayer
games needs to know about neopets.  It's quite amazing,

TSO I simply overlooked.

Amanda Walker